Monday, March 1, 2010

How the hospital reminds me that I love Thai people

So last week Christy and I (Jenny) went to Laos (blog on that to come soon, we had an AWESOME time) while we were there I unfortunatley got some nasty mosquito bites that got infected badly and lead to a nasty rash... Needless to say when I got back to Bangkok I went to the hospital.

At the hospital they open your cab door with a smile, lead you to the info desk and then kindly bring you wherever you need to go. After I visited with the sweet dermatologist I went to get my mosquito bites dressed (wound dressing, not pink bows) while this is going on the nurses are talking about me and I hear them saying "sawai" "sawai" which means beautiful. So even when the nurses were cleaning my nasty wounds and rubbing cream on my gross rash, they tell me... "oh you so beautiful'"

I was pretty down and out and the sweet, caring nature of the Thai nurses really helped me feel better.

Just another reason why I love Thailand :) and don't worry everyone, I'm okay :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment