Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Apartment found and job accepted!

Jenny and I finally found an apartment after 3 days of door to door apartment hunting. We literally got off the BTS (Skytrain) at the On Nut Station and just walked into every apartment or condo we could find for 3 days. We decided to go with this brand new condo complex about a 5 min walk from the On Nut station. We each have our own studio apartment in the complex. We moved out of the hotel and into the studios yesterday. It was hilarious watching the hotel staff trying to pack our luggage (6 suitcases) into the taxi. Hopefully we will post some pics of the studios soon. They are both super cute with balconies and mini kitchens. There is a McDonalds, KFC, and 2 huge shopping centers similar to walmart all within walking distance! Plus a ton of cheap cheap massage places! 100 baht for an hour.

I accepted a job today teaching 7th, 8th, and 9th grade math at the Thai Christian School. I am so excited about it. I actually had to do a teaching demonstration for the 9th grade class at my second interview. Apparently the students really liked me so I got the job! I signed a five month contract starting Oct 26th and ending March 31st, 2010. Also, since its a christian school I get two weeks off for Christmas and New Years! Jenny and I (and whoever else wants to come ehm Laura, Ashley, and T or crust before you move to LA?) will be using that time to travel around Southeast Asia.

Since I don't officially start work till Oct 26th I got a job at a summer camp. This camp takes groups of students from schools in Bangkok on three day trips to a few different beaches, and national parks around Thailand. One of the camps even goes to Chiang Mai. I plan on working at 6 of these camps starting September 22nd. I am excited about getting to see other parts of Thailand while getting paid! Between now and Sept 22nd...I am heading down south to Krabi. It looks amazing and is supposed to be one of the best places to go rock climbing in the world. I haven't decided if I am going to try it or not, but either way I will be posting lots of pics!

Jenny will be heading down on Friday to meet up with us in Krabi for the weekend. This week is her first week of work. She seems to be really enjoying it. Her students sound adorable!! Hopefully she will post more later for you all to read about!

xoxo,

Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment