Friday, September 18, 2009

Somebody pinch me!

This place is absolutely beautiful!! Since I don't start work till the 22nd. I decided to head down south for a bit. I ended up in this amazing little town called Ton Sai. It is completely cut off from the main land. You have to take a boat to get to it because there are no roads that leads over the mountains. It is amazing...we are staying in this bungalow in the jungle for about 250 baht (8 dollars) a night. Its about a 5 min walk to the beach and it includes electricity from 6pm to 6am, bathroom (western style), and a cute porch. Today we rented a kayak and paddled all around to a few of the beaches and islands. We went to Railay West and walked to Railay East. We saw a ton of wild monkeys. Two of them climed on me to get a banana...crazy experience!! Sadly I did not have my camera for any of it because we were on the kayak! Next time I come down here I will def bring a waterproof camera. Tomorrow I either plan on island hoping in the area or going rock climbing. This is supposed to be one of the best places in the world to do it! Don't worry I will post lots of pics soon!

xoxo,
Nichole

1 comment:

  1. Okay I have not heard from you in one week.
    Please call me soon.

    ReplyDelete