Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Winter Festival

Last year my school celebrated their 40th anniversary so naturally one would think this year they would be celebrating their 41st anniversary... well apparently we thought wrong. This past weekend my school celebrated their 42nd anniversary. I am still not quite sure why they decided to skip a year, but I guess T-I-T is applicable here...This Is Thailand! Its our new phrase for when we can't really explain.

Normally every year the foreign teachers are expected to put on a "show" during the evening performance, but this year we managed to get away with just having a dunk tank booth during the day. It ended up being a huge hit with the students, and thankfully I managed to escape being dunked since female teachers were not allowed in the tank.

The evening performance and dinner followed the day festivities. The performance consisted of dance routines from each grade and in some cases each class (now might be a good time to mention my school is k-12 so you can only imagine how long this took). Below are a few pics of me with my some of my students all dressed up ready for their show. It was weird to see them like this because at school they all wear uniforms and they are not allowed to wear makeup or even dye their hair.

Grade 7/2


Grade 9/2 (Some of the smartest students I teach!)

Grade 9/3


So excited two days till we leave for our 2 week adventure!! School is basically done for me. Tomorrow I have to go to immigrations to get my work permit sorted and the rest of the day is Christmas parties!!

Xoxo,

Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment