Thursday, October 15, 2009

Jenny's first post...

Hello All! Well, its taken me a long time to do this but I promised Nichole that I would do one this week, so here we go... Most recently I spent the day with 4 and 5 year olds who are just as ready for next weeks vacation as I am!! My friend from Cali is coming to visit tonight and we're going to the islands all next week, 1 of the same that Colie went to (Ton Sai) I am very excited to finally get down there and RELAX!! This is an overstimulating, non-stop, never sleeping city, needless to say I am exhausted because there is just always so much to do! For example instead of doing lesson planning last night, Nichole and I discovered that there is a GREAT market about um less than a 5 minute walk from our front door, I bought a dress that would've cost about $60 at Anthropology for $7.50... its GREAT Colie found some cute stuff too :)! The shopping here is amazing and you can bargain at many many places. I'm on a shopping mission to find the most perfect fake bag I can find that looks not fake at all, I found one at the night market in Bangkok but I went back on Monday and it was no where to be found... there must be a better one waiting :) 

As Nichole's mentioned I have been to near as many places around Thailand as she's been with her English camp jobs, but I have been to a lot of places in Bangkok. There is an amazing Mall here called Siam Paragon that I went to with a friend, its HUGE, about 5 normal US malls put together. There is a huge aquarium at the bottom of the mall. I swear, with the food vendors included, there are about 1000 different options for food and the best part of the mall is that its a beautiful, clean, and classy place. I've also done some exploring in the red light like district Pat-Pong,  with some friends and it is well, probably everything you've ever heard about and then some... very very interesting, but interesting isn't quite the right word... The people here have been extremely nice and the women I work with are so sweet, always saying oh miss jenny you so pretty everyday, its funny, I think they just like blond hair :) 

So needless to say I've done lots and lots of shopping at many markets and street markets, the shopping is definitely one of the most amazing things about Bangkok and  how much you can get (and how cute it is) for hardly anything!! Also the massages are incredible, I'm headed there right after I finish this actually, there is a massage place in a market about 2 minutes walking from our condos. She charges me 130 baht for 1 1/2 hours, which is not even $4. So all in all Nichole and I have agreed that we are very happy here and we've both been having an amazing time!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment