Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Summer Camps


I just want to say sorry for not updating the blog more frequently. I finally figured out how to update it from my iPhone so now I can update it wherever there is WiFi!! Anyways, I have been keeping super busy with these camps. I have done 3 camps so far and I have three more coming up. I am going to Cha-am (the beach) tomorrow for the 4th camp, and I just got back from Isan (northeast Thailand) yesterday. The camps are actually a lot of fun. It’s a great way for me to see a lot of the country and meet new people before I start work. It doesn't hurt that all of the camps are at really nice hotels/resorts that I probably wouldn't be able to afford otherwise. The children at the camps are all from very well off families. I think at the last camp every single kid either had a PSP or a laptop for the bus ride. They are also some of the largest Thai students I have seen! Some of these kids looked like they had never missed a meal in their life!!

This weekend Jenn and I are headed to Chiang Mai!! I am so excited to see the mountains. I have a camp there on Monday and The Sandbox has agreed to fly me up early so I can spend the weekend exploring! Overall life is great here in Thailand! Jenn has been doing a lot of exploring in Bangkok with our friend Pom and a couple of her coworkers. I have a feeling she will know the city inside and out before I settle down and start work.

Xoxo,

Nichole

No comments:

Post a Comment